The Present day electrical networks cater to variety of non linear loads (like UPS, Soft Starter, VFD etc.) which dynamically fluctuates and creates Waveform distortion thereby necessitating installation of APFC Panel with line filter.
The above facts warrant the consumer to install an ideal AUTOMATIC POWER FACTOR CORRECTION (APFC) SYSTEM in order to:
It is imperative for any HT & LT Industry / Consumer to install an automatic power factor controller system to Save Energy by consistently maintaining higher power factor. Low Power Factor leads to poor power efficiency, thereby increasing the apparent power drawn from the distribution network. This result in overloading of Transformer, Bus bars, Switch gears, Cables and other distribution devices within the Industry or consumer area.
Key justifications for Power Factor control panels include:
- Reduction in Maximum Demand (KVA)
- Reduction in Energy (KWH) consumption
- Longer life of the existing electrical distribution components like transformer, switch gears, cables, etc.
- Optimize the connected load for improved plant load factor.
- Avoid manual disruption.
- Avoid high current consumption losses.
- Improvement in voltage regulation.
- Decrease Maximum Demand KVA, thus avoiding penalty and Demand Charges.
To address this, GIL Automation has a variety of Automatic Power Factor Correction (APFC) Panels with 6 stage, 8 stage, and 14 stage controllers.
The additional advantages of operating your entire factory with APFC Panels are:
- Minimizing the Line Losses, thus saving Power Consumption.
- Longer life for all electrical circuits, cables, bus bars, switches, motors etc.
- Decrease in the downtime and enhanced performance of the connected equipments.
- Curtailment of Leading Power Factor.
- Reduction of Current Consumption Charges.
- Accelerated depreciation can be availed in the first year itself.
- Modular design for easy installation, operation and maintenance.